2. Balances Hormones: Shatavari is a phytoestrogen, meaning it contains plant-based hormones that can help balance our own hormone levels. This can be especially beneficial for women during menopause, as it can help reduce hot flashes and night sweats.
3. Improves Digestion: Shatavari is commonly used to improve digestion and reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It can help to reduce inflammation in the gut, as well as reduce bloating, gas and constipation.
4. Boosts Immune System: Shatavari is rich in antioxidants, which can help to fight off free radicals and reduce oxidative damage. This can help to boost the immune system and reduce the risk of diseases.
5. Reduces Stress and Anxiety: Shatavari is a natural adaptogen, which means it helps the body adapt to physical and mental stress. It can help reduce anxiety, depression and chronic stress.
6. Improves Heart Health: Shatavari can help to reduce cholesterol levels and improve heart health. It can also reduce inflammation and help to keep the arteries clear.
7. Protects the Liver: Shatavari can help to protect the liver from damage caused by toxins. It can also reduce the symptoms of hepatitis and other liver disorders.
8. Enhances Libido: Shatavari is believed to be an aphrodisiac and can help to increase libido in both men and women.
9. Fights Infections: Shatavari contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help to fight off infections and reduce inflammation.
10. Improves Skin Health: Shatavari is believed to help improve skin health and reduce acne. It can also help to reduce inflammation and keep the skin hydrated.